Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Assignment #2

Since this seemed to be a bit of a science experiment, my mother played the role of the scientist. I was instructed to open the package that said "Do Not Open Until Instructed" and was completely amazed when
opened it.
CANDYYYYY!


















I was very happy to see all of the different types of candy that had been given to me.
Such an awesome variety!














When asked what I thought about my care package, all I could do was smile. (:  I was then instructed to choose one package of candy to pull out of the box. I chose:
Taste The Rainbow! (:














I was then asked a series of questions. Here are my answers to my questions:
a)"Why did you choose that particular package?"
     I have always liked Skittles, so it was the first one to catch my eye.
b)"How would you describe Skittles candy to someone who's never seen it before?"
     They are round ovals, kind of like M&M's. There are a bunch of different flavors, but the majority 
     of them taste fruity. Some of these flavors include lemon, lime, and even orange.
   i)"The perfect occasion for eating Skittles is..."-on a hot summer day laying on the beach, tanning
        and listening to my iPod.
  ii)"When I think of Skittles, it reminds me of..."-rainbows! The commercials always make me smile
        .(:
 iii)"Eating this candy makes me feel..."-bubbly! It automatically puts me in a good mood!
 iv)"The kind of people who eat this brand the most are..."-people who love fruit, of course!
  v)"The music that goes along with eating this brand is..."-reggae!

I was instructed to pull another package of candy out of the box. This time, I chose:
Sprees!














a)"Why did you choose that particular package?"
   I haven't eaten them since I was younger, so I chose a throwback!
b)"How would you describe Spree candy to someone who's never seen it before?"
   They are a bunch of circular candies that are chewy when you eat them. They each have their own
   fruity flavors.
   i)"The perfect occasion for eating Spree is..."-when you are craving something chewy, not hard.
       They're also perfect when you're craving something fruity.
  ii)"When I think of Spree, it reminds me of..."-when my grandmother always used to stop at a gas
       station and buy them for me.
  iii)"Eating this candy makes me feel..."-reminiscent.
  iv)"The kind of people who eat this brand the most are..."-people who prefer chewy candy over
         hard candy.
   v)"The music that goes along with eating this brand is..."-late 90's music.

I was told to pull out a third package of candy. For this part, I chose:
These little guys are so cute!














a)"Why did you choose that particular package?"
   It reminded me of high school. I used to eat them constantly during class.
b)"How would you describe Nerds candy to someone who's never seen it before?"
   They are tiny clusters of flavored, tangy candy.
   i)"The perfect occasion for eating Nerds is..."-when you're wanting a light, tangy candy to satisfy
        that sweet tooth craving!
  ii)"When I think of Nerds, it reminds me of..."-being bored in class during high school.
 iii)"Eating this candy makes me feel..."-nerdy!
 iv)"The kind of people who eat this brand the most are..."-probably younger kids.
  v)"The music that goes along with eating this brand is..."-carnival music.

I was told to choose one final brand of candy from the box. For this last part, I chose:














a)"Why did you choose that particular package?"
   I have only eaten Starburst once in my life, so I figured I'd try something I haven't experienced
   much.
b)"How would you describe Starburst candy to someone who's never seen it before?"
   They're juicy, fruity, and chewy! Quite a great combination!
   i)"The perfect occasion for eating Starburst is..."-when laying by the pool with friends.
  ii)"When I think of Starburst, it reminds me of..."-the funny contradiction commercials they show
        on tv.
 iii)"Eating this candy makes me feel..."-hyper and want to go out and do cartwheels in the sun!
 iv)"The kind of people who eat this brand the most are..."-people who like something juicy.
  v)"The music that goes along with eating this brand is..."-hip hop/dance music.

I was asked the type of candy I'd want to eat right now, and I chose Sweet Tarts. I even took them out and snacked on a couple of them! When asked which candy would most likely be the last one left in the box, I chose Juicy Drop Pop. It doesn't look like something I'd be interested in eating, or something that would ever catch my eye if I was out somewhere.

I was then asked to pull the Life Savers Gummiers Sours and the Sour Patch Kids out of the box.
a)"What is your initial reaction to these two brands?"
   i) Life Saver Gummies- They make me want to put them on my fingers like when I was younger!
  ii) Sour Patch Kids- My tongue instantly starts tingling because I know they're very sour.
b)"Which of these two brands do you prefer and why?"
   I prefer Sour Patch Kids. I like very sour candy, and I don't think Life Savers are that sour. I don't
   really like some of the flavors they have, either.
c)"Tell me what you like and dislike about each of them?"
   i) Life Saver Gummies- I like that they don't look like any ordinary candy. They have their own
                                           unique shape. I dislike that they're not as sour as I think they could be.
  ii) Sour Patch Kids- I like that they're extremely fruity and sour! I dislike that they make my tongue
                                    hurt when I'm done eating them.
d)"If you like sour candy and eat these brands, tell me what types of places you are and what things you're doing when you eat each of them."
   i) Life Saver Gummies- I don't eat these very much, but I'm usually at home watching TV when I
                                           do.
  ii) Sour Patch Kids- I usually eat them when I'm out with friends just driving around.

I thought this was a very fun experiment! I liked all of the questions that were asked of me. They made me really think about a lot of different things. I liked that my creative side was able to come out. This was a lot of fun, and I'd love to do something like it again! Thanks for all of the candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment