thank you for that!
I already knew the exact store I wanted to go to. It's the store I always go to to get my random essentials, and I ALWAYS get my candy from here.
| Wally World! |
The main thing I'm trying to concentrate on while I'm in Walmart is where in the world they moved the candy aisle to?! After asking quite a few people and getting turned around, I find it! Even though I pretty much already knew the candy I wanted, I figured I'd browse. I always get a certain type of candy because they're my favorite. I can't just eat one...I end up eating the whole thing!
| ALLLL the candyyyy! |
The thing I like about candy itself and even the boxes they come in is that they're so colorful. They know that this is really going to catch someone's eye. That was pretty much heaven! Any type of candy I wanted, I could have. There were soooo many types to choose from! The Junior Mints looked tasty, because you have the amazing taste of chocolate but then the cooling sensation of mint in your mouth. I think chocolate and mint are a great combination. The Milk Duds looked great, seeing as how you can pull them out as one big clump thanks to the caramel! My mother has gotten me hooked on peanut M&M's, so I had a mild craving for those as well. All we ever tend to eat at my job are Mike & Ike's, so all of those chewy fruity flavors were running through my head. And the Cookie Dough Bites made me think of being at a movie, since that's what I always get when I'm at one! In the end, I went with my instinct and chose the candy I wanted all along.
| Sour Patch Kids!!! |
The decision to purchase Sour Patch Kids definitely comes from my taste buds. Every time I even look at a box, my taste buds go insane. I think it's something about sour candy that makes that happen. Its been my favorite candy for so long, and I would have actually felt guilty if I chose something else. I choose to not eat my candy until I get home. I don't want the little bits of powder to be all over my car! Since the box was not amazingly big, I don't even save any for later. I ate the WHOLE thing! And of course, I was not about to share them with anyone! I felt very satisfied while eating them, although I knew my tongue was going to hurt the next day.
| They are extremely sour. Haha! |
With all those options to choose from, what makes you stick with your favorite vs. trying something new? Help me understand how that happens.
ReplyDeleteWhat do you think a candy could do to break you out of the habit of buying your favorite? What would it take?
You talk about feeling guilty if you would buy something else. Tell me more about that...
THANKS!
It's not necessarily that I didn't want to try something new. I had just had all of those different types of candy before. And out of all of them I've already tried, Sour Patch Kids was my favorite. Whenever a brand new candy comes out, I'm always up for trying it out and deciding if I actually like it or not. Honestly, I feel like if more new and unique started coming out, I'd more than likely break myself out of the habit of buying the same old candy. Everything generally seems about the same.
ReplyDelete